Pronounced 'nay' people. College Freshman. Lovable. Married to the MUSIC. New Yorker: Proud Brooklynite!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Carrie

I just finished watching Season 3 of HBO's Sex and the City and I think it's about time I get my "Carrie Bradshaw" on. After I finished watching the last seconds of the DVD I checked my News Feed on FaceBook. One of my High School friends posted that a few females posted some quotes from Keri Hilson's song Breaking Point. In this song, Keri is basically stating the obvious. Every woman has her breaking point in a relationship where she can't handle any unwanted stress from a man. The reason I'm saying this is because he noticed how many young women were saying that. Are females obsessed with the "man-hating" songs and books that constantly complain about the things we hate about men? Or, are we even more obsessed with fairy tale endings, happily ever afters and beautiful love song?


I've noticed that every year I grow older, I notice certain aspects of the lives that women lead. For generations, women (as well as men) have complained and bickered about the opposite sex. I'm just waiting for the complaining to end and for Captain Save A Heart comes along to educate these young adults. Half of the young people of today can barely keep their lives in order or stay committed to a job. So, how is it that we yern to have that "perfect" somebody?


I can go on for days on the subject of a "perfect being", but, who's to say that somebody would even listen? As I stated before, the problems that we're facing now are the same as a century ago. When will this madness end?

No comments:

Post a Comment